Baked camembert with balsamic strawberries is a delicious summer appetizer, very quick to make. It looks very impressive and tastes amazing. Imagine a piece of fresh, crunchy baguette dipped in gooey cheese, delicious sweet-sour sauce, and sweet roasted strawberries. Your guests will be thrilled!
Baked camembert with balsamic strawberries
camembert and strawberries:
- 1 wheel camembert / brie cheese 250g / 9 oz
- 1 cup strawberries halved, 135g / 4.8 oz
- 1 heaped tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar good quality!
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- a large pinch of salt and black pepper
- pistachios roasted and salted, cut into smaller pieces
- fresh oregano or mint leaves
- fresh baguette not optional!
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C / 375 °F / Gas Mark 5.
- Wash the strawberries, cut large and medium strawberries in half, leave small ones whole.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, balsamic vinegar and lime juice together, season with salt and pepper, mix with the strawberries.
- Using a knife, score the top rind of the cheese.
- The cheese and strawberries should be baked simultaneously, but in separate rimmed baking dishes.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is warm and runny inside and the strawberries tender but retain their shape.
- Transfer the cheese onto a plate, place strawberries on top.
- Pour the sauce from roasted strawberrie into a small bowl and put for a moment (2-3 mins) in a freezer to thicken.
- Pour the syrup over the strawberries, sprinkle with pistachios and decorate with oregano or mint leaves. Serve right away, the cheese must be warm.
- Bon Appetit!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!