fig and goat cheese toast with thyme and honey
A must when fresh figs are in season! Makes a perfect breakfast or appetizer.
Servings 2 people
- 6 small slices sourdough bread or ciabatta /baguette
- 5 oz soft goat cheese 140g
- 4 figs fresh and ripe, sliced
- 3 teaspoons honey
- fresh / dried thyme to sprinkle
- culinary lavender optional, to sprinkle
Toast the bread and spread goat cheese on the bread slices.
Arrange sliced figs on top, pour honey over the figs and sprinkle with thyme and lavender, when using.
- Calories count = 1/2 of the recipe.
- If using lavender, make sure to use culinary lavender. Lavender is optional.
- You can use any kind of bread: sourdough, baguette, ciabatta and other.