Banana peanut butter oatmeal with pomegranate
Creamy and sweet peanut butter banana oatmeal sprinkled with sweet-sour pomegranate seeds, that will make you feel full for a long time.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats 100 g / 3.5 oz, or quick/thin-rolled oats
- 2.5 cups milk cow or vegetable milk, 625 ml
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter smooth
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 bananas mashed with a fork
- seeds from a ½ pomegranate for sprinkling
Add oats and milk into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes (if using rolled oasor for about 3 minutes (if using quick/thin-rolled oats), stirring from time to time, until soft. At first, the oatmeal will be very thin but after adding the remaining ingredients and during cooling it will thicken significantly.
Remove the pot from the heat, add peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and a pinch of salt, mix until combined.
Stir in the mashed bananas, season to taste with maple syrup and lemon juice if needed, the oatmeal should be sweet and sour, with a noticeable banana, peanut butter, and coconut flavor.
Divide equally between two bowls, sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.