Instant Pot Corn on the cob
Corn on the cob cooked in a pressure cooker is the quickest possible and delicious way to enjoy fresh corn!
Servings 4 servings (4 ears of corn)
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- salt to taste
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot, place the trivet, put the corn on the trivet (as many ears as can fit).
Close the lid, move the valve to the 'sealing' position.
Press high pressure and manually set the timer to 2 minutes.
When the time is up, make the quick release - move the valve to the 'venting' position. When the pressure pin is down, open the pot.
Transfer the corn with tongs on a plate and serve immediately with butter and salt.
- This recipe was tested in a 6qt (6l) Instant Pot Duo.
- You can melt the butter in the residual heat of the instant pot or rub the corn with soft butter on all sides (I prefer the latter).
- If you have corn in the husk, cook the corn on the high pressure for 5 minutes (I prefer to peel the corn and cook it without the husks).
- Cooking time doesn't depend on the number of corn ears. It's always 2 minutes on high pressure.
- In a 6 qt (6l) Instant Pot you can fit 6 smaller or 5 medium/large ears of corn. If you cut the corn in half vertically you may be able to fit in even more.
- Storage: Store the cooked corn in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- How to reheat cooked corn: I reheat it also in the Instant Pot. I cook it like in the recipe but I set the timer to 0 minutes. It tastes like freshly made!