Cosmopolitan Cocktail Recipe
This is my favorite recipe for the famous Cosmopolitan cocktail. This recipe is perfectly balanced - it's not heavy on the vodka, it's slightly sweet and not too tart. It's such an easy and delicious cocktail - it's fruity, refreshing, and has a distinctive flavor. You just need 4 ingredients to make it. This elegant cocktail is perfect for any occasion - you can quickly shake it up for an elegant party, girls' night out, or for a cozy evening for two.
Servings 1 cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz citron vodka or plain vodka + 6 drops of lemon juice
- 1 oz orange liqueur such as Cointreau
- 1 oz cranberry juice cocktail sweetened cranberry juice
- 1/3 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- a small handful of ice cubes
Add ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
Measure out vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice cocktail, lime juice and add to the shaker.
Close the shaker and shake for 10-20 seconds, until well-chilled.
Strain the cocktail into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with an orange twist (optional).
Serve and enjoy!
- You can use a fine-mesh strainer to strain the drink if you don’t want any lime particles in your drink.
- I used Cointreau orange liqueur for this recipe. You can also use other brands of orange liqueur for this recipe, such as Triple Sec, Grand Marnier but Cointreau is the best. Triple Sec tastes more harsh than Cointreau.
- Use chilled glass to prepare this drink - you can either fill your glass with ice while you're preparing your cocktail or place the glass in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- The acidity of freshly squeezed lime juice may vary so you may need less for your drink if your limes are very sour.
- Calories = 1 cocktail. This is only an estimate!