Cranberry Mimosa (Poinsettia Drink)
Cranberry mimosa also called poinsettia drink is a simple but delicious champagne cocktail made with only 3 ingredients - champagne, cranberry juice, and orange liqueur. It's really tasty and makes a great alternative to drinking plain champagne!
Servings 1 drink
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur such as Cointreau, 15ml
- 3 ounces cranberry juice 90ml
- champagne to top
- The recipe calls for cranberry juice that is a blend of cranberry juice and other fruit juices. You can also use a cranberry juice cocktail (100% cranberry juice sweetened with sugar). Do not use unsweetened 100% cranberry juice which would be too tart for this recipe. If this is what you have, you can add some simple syrup to the drink.
- For garnish, I used sugared cranberries and rosemary sprigs. You can also just use fresh cranberries. To do that, first, pierce cranberries with a toothpick then push a rosemary sprig through the hole in the cranberries.
- I used a demi-sec type of champagne for this recipe. Champagne should be chilled. Instead of champagne, you can also use prosecco (Italian sparkling wine). You can use brut champagne if you'd prefer a drink that is less sweet.
- Instead of orange liqueur, you can use orange juice.
- Calories = 1 cocktail (the whole recipe). This is only an estimate!