How To Make Whipped Cream
Learn how to make whipped cream with this simple recipe. Whipped cream is really quick and easy to make at home and tastes so much than store-bought!
Servings 2 cups
- 1 cup COLD heavy cream or heavy whipping cream 240ml
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
Add the cream, sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl.
Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment whip the cream over medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- SOME TIPS:
- For quicker results, place your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer to chill for at least 15 minutes. It's optional that the mixing bowl and beaters are cold, but the cream must be cold.
- The mixture will look frothy and bubbly at first, then it will thicken but still be pourable. After some more mixing, it will form stiff peaks which means when you lift the beater out from the bowl a peak of whipped cream will stay tall without drooping off.
- You may want your whipped cream less stiff (medium-soft peaks) if you're not planning to pipe it but to dollop it on a pie. Check the cream every 10 seconds to get the preferred consistency.
- If you see that your cream has thickened, you can check it every couple of seconds to make sure you will not overbeat it (even 5-10 seconds of beating the cream can take it from whipped to overbeaten). Properly whipped cream should stay on your beater for quite some time and not fall down.
- The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- Calories = the whole recipe (this is only an estimate!).