Avocado Egg Salad Recipe – light and refreshing
Simple and healthy egg salad with avocado. Seasoned with lime juice, ground coriander and garlic.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 porcje
- 2 avocados ripe
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander or better, add freshly ground coriander seeds, if you have them, they’re more aromatic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or more
- 1 medium clove garlic finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
Cook the eggs: put the eggs into a medium pot, pour boiling water over the eggs until they are covered with water. When the water starts to bubble again, cook the eggs over medium heat for 5 minutes. Transfer into a bowl with very cold water, peel and cut into cubes.
Avocados: Cut them in half lengthwise, twist the two halves apart, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Chop the avocados into small cubes. Mix with lime juice and a finely chopped clove of garlic together.
In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients, season with ground coriander, salt, and pepper, or with more lime juice if it’s not sour enough.
Serve on bread or bagel.
- If your eggs don't have jammy egg yolks and are more cooked and your avocados are not very ripe you can add a tablespoon of mayo to the salad so it's not too dry. Jammy egg yolks and ripe avocado is what 'glues' this salad together.
- Smoked salmon would be a great addition.
- The paste should be eaten rather quickly, because after some time the avocados turn brown.
- If you’re serving this egg salad to guests, it’s worth to reserve a few chopped yolks pieces before combining the eggs with the rest of the ingredients. Arrange the reserves egg yolk pieces on top (as on the photos). The egg yolks have such a beautiful color and the salad itself is rather green.
- You can use lemon juice instead of lime juice, but it‘s really such much better with lime juice. It‘s distintive sourness really cuts through the fattiness of avocado! I really recommend lime juice.
- Calories count = whole recipe.