Light and tasty avocado egg salad. It’s basically guacamole mixed with jammy soft boiled eggs together. This salad is seasoned with lime juice, ground coriander, and garlic – they add refreshing flavor and cut through avocado’s fattiness. Slightly runny egg yolk is yummy and also glues the salad – no need to add mayo! (although you can, if you wish). This avocado egg salad is really good, everyone just loves it.
Do you need to break your breakfast routine? Check out also my smoked trout with eggs and cream cheese spread/dip recipe or Austrian Liptauer – paprika cheese spread.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO EGG SALAD:
- STEP 1: Boil and peel the eggs, then cut into cubes.
- STEP 2: Peel the avocados, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh with a spoon and chop.
- STEP 3: Mix the chopped avocado with lime juice and a finely chopped clove of garlic together.
- STEP 4: In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients, season with ground coriander, salt, and pepper, or with more lime juice if it’s not sour enough.
HOW TO SERVE AVOCADO EGG SALAD:
- You can serve it on bread or bagel, smoked salmon would also be a great addition!
- Scoop with tortilla chips or crackers.
- If you’re serving this egg salad to guests, it’s worth to reserve a few chopped yolks pieces before combining the eggs with the rest of the ingredients. Arrange the reserved egg yolk pieces on top (as on the photos). The egg yolks have such a beautiful color and the salad itself is rather green.
HOW TO STORE EGG SALAD WITH AVOCADO:
The salad should be eaten rather quickly because after some time the avocados turn brown. On the next day, it tastes the same, but it’s not visually appealing. This egg salad needs to be stored in the fridge.
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe – light and refreshing
- 2 avocados
- 4 big eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander or better, add freshly ground coriander seeds, if you have them, they’re more aromatic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice about 1/2 lime or more
- 1 medium clove garlic finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs: put the eggs into a medium pot, pour boiling water over. When the water starts to bubble again, cook the eggs over high heat for 5 minutes. Transfer into a bowl with very cold water, peel and cut into cubes.
- Peel the avocados, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh with a spoon and chop. Mix with lime juice and a finely chopped clove of garlic together.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients, season with ground coriander, salt, and pepper, or with more lime juice if it’s not sour enough.
- Serve on bread or bagel. Smoked salmon would be a great addition.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!
Last Updated on