Cranberry Orange Sauce
Homemade cranberry orange sauce is so simple to make and it tastes amazing. It will be ready in 15 minutes and can be easily reheated. It goes great not only with turkey, but also with chicken, duck, or goose.
Servings 8 servings
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice about 2 medium oranges
- zest grated from 1 large orange about 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 12 ounces (340g) cranberries
- big pinch of salt
Zest one orange then squeeze the juice out of 2 oranges. Measure out 3/4 cup of juice.
Add orange juice, orange zest, and sugar into a medium pot.
Bring to a boil then simmer for 4-5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the juice has thickened a bit.
Add the cranberries, simmer for 6-8 minutes until all the cranberries have burst.
The sauce will look too runny at this point but don't worry all the liquid will turn into jelly when the sauce has cooled down.
Stir in the salt and let the sauce cool and thicken.
- You can reduce the sugar amount to 3/4 of a cup (150g), if you want it less sweet. The sauce will be still sweet with a hint of tartness. I wouldn't reduce it more.
- The sauce can be made several days in advance. Reheat it in a pot.
- Calories = 1 serving (1/8 of the recipe). This is only an estimate!