Healthy chocolate pudding
Chocolate pudding made with only healthy ingredients. Delicious and sweet guilt-free dessert.
Servings 2 servings
for the pudding:
- 2 medium/large bananas ripe!
- 1 avocado ripe!
- 4 tablespoons cocoa preferably Dutch processed, unsweetened, 22g
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- fresh fruit
- chopped nuts or shredded coconut
- whipped coconut cream optional
Add all the ingredients in a food processor, pulse until perfectly smooth. You can also use an immersion (hand) blender. The pudding should have a really perfectly smooth consistency and be fluffy.
Serve in glasses with fresh fruit, chopped nuts (best are almonds, hazelnuts, pecans) or shredded coconut, optionally with whipped coconut cream.
- Bananas and avocado must be ripe. The amount of maple syrup will depend on how sweet your bananas are, it‘s possible you‘ll need less or more.
- The addition of vanilla extract and almond butter is optional, but it improves the taste of the dessert.
- The pudding is great to make ahead, can be left in the fridge for a couple of hours or a whole day. I wouldn‘t leave it in the fridge overnight though, as it‘s made from raw ingredients.
- It tastes good at room temperature and chilled, but a little better when chilled.
- Number of servings: depends on what size your glasses are. On the photos, there are 3 servings (the amount you‘ll get from the recipe). I would serve this amount for 2 people though.
- The number of calories = 1 serving = ½ recipe. This is only an estimate.