Delicious and quick to make smoked trout spread with eggs and cream cheese. I like it most served on a piece of bread, sprinkled with chives but you could also serve this as a dip, with crackers or grissini breadsticks. Instead of smoked trout, you can also add other smoked fish like smoked mackerel.
If you’re looking for other spread/dip recipes, try also this paprika cheese spread – liptauer.
Smoked trout spread with eggs and cream cheese
- 4.4 oz (125g) smoked trout 1 fillet without skin and grates, can be other smoked fish
- 1 large hard-boiled egg
- 3.5 oz (100g) cream cheese or farmer’s cheese
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk or milk / plain yogurt
- salt and black pepper to taste
- to garnish: chives
- Break up the trout fillet into larger pieces, mix in a food processor until smooth (but it doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth).
- Hard-boiled egg: in a small pot bring water to a boil, carefully lower the egg into the pot, cook for 7 minutes, counting from when the water starts to boil, scoop the egg out and immediately place in cold water, peel and mash with a fork.
- Mix the fish with the remaining ingredients until smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve on a piece of bread or with crackers / grissini.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!
Last Updated on