Turkey fruit platter is a fun and easy Thanksgiving appetizer for kids. It’s a great opportunity for kids to help with Thanksgiving preparations. If you’re not celebrating Thanksgiving it would be a hit at any kids’ party. My little daughter was more than happy to eat the “bird”!
Other Thanksgiving dishes that I’m sure you’d enjoy are this turkey roulade with butternut squash and mushroom filling or pumpkin roll with orange cream cheese.
Turkey fruit platter
- 1 pear
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 45 seedless grapes
- 8 blueberries
- 2 bananas
- 2 kiwi
- a small piece of red bell paprika
- Cut the pear lengthwise in half. One half will be the birds' "body", cut the other half into small cubes.
- Cut the orange and apple into small cubes. Slice the bananas and kiwi.
- Place the pear half on a big round serving tray. Arrange the fruit pieces around the pear (it should resemble the "tail").
- Cut two small rounds out of pear or apple (the "eyes"), put 1 kiwi seed in the middle (the "pupil"). Cut two small holes with a pointed knife in the upper part of the pear and place the "eyes" in the holes.
- Cut out the "legs" out of a piece of red bell paprika and place them under the pear.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!