Bay breeze drink is a delicious 3-ingredient cocktail made with vodka, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice. It’s fruity, refreshing, and easy to make!
Here’s what you need to make this delicious drink:
- Vodka – is a great base for cocktails. It has a neutral taste and pairs well with other ingredients without overwhelming their flavor. You can buy cheap vodka for this drink, there are many other ingredients here that will mask all the flavor nuances of pricey vodka – you can use leftover vodka to make cosmopolitan cocktail, madras drink, or sea breeze cocktail.
- Cranberry juice – use sweetened cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail for this recipe (cranberry juice sweetened with other fruit juices or with sugar). Do not use unsweetened 100% cranberry juice which would be too tart for this recipe. If this is what you have, you can just add simple syrup to the drink. Check out all my cocktail recipes with cranberry juice to see how you can use up the leftovers.
- Pineapple juice.
Additionally, you will need ice cubes to chill your drink (I don’t like to add many because it just dilutes the drink).
Garnish: lime wedges or slices are used as a garnish for this drink.
Proportions of the ingredients
Many recipes call for equal amounts of cranberry juice and pineapple juice. When developing this recipe I’ve found this ratio too pineapple-heavy. We prefer this drink with more cranberry juice than pineapple juice, but try for yourself what you like best!
If you’d like less alcohol in your drink, you can add 1 1/2 ounces (45ml).
Glass for bay breeze cocktail
Traditionally a highball glass (such as Collins glass) is used for this cocktail but you can really use any kind of glass to make it! Preferably, it should be a tall glass but any short glass like an old-fashioned glass will also do.
When using a short glass, reduce the amounts of ingredients or your drink just won’t fit in the glass!
How to make this drink
STEP 1: Add a couple of ice cubes to a high glass. Measure out vodka and add to the glass.
STEP 2: Measure out pineapple juice and add to the glass.
STEP 3: Measure out cranberry juice and add to the glass. Stir to combine.
Decorate the glass with a lime wedge or slice (optional).
To see a nice contrast of colors you can add vodka and pineapple juice to the glass then very slowly add cranberry juice and serve the drink quickly before all the ingredients are combined.
Scaling up the recipe: you can easily prepare this cocktail in a pitcher! Simply pour all the ingredients (scaling up each ingredient) into a pitcher filled with ice then stir to combine.
How strong is this cocktail?
This is not a strong cocktail. It contains a small amount of vodka and a lot of fruit juices so it’s rather weak than strong, but be careful – it’s so easy to drink that you can easily drink too much!
I have a couple of similar cocktail recipes on my website:
- malibu bay breeze: it’s made with malibu rum (coconut rum), cranberry juice, and pineapple juice
- sea breeze cocktail: it’s made with vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice
- madras drink: it’s made with vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice
- cosmopolitan cocktail: it’s made with vodka, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and orange liqueur
What is the difference between a Bay Breeze and a Sea Breeze?
Bay Breeze cocktail (also called Hawaiian Sea Breeze) is made with pineapple juice and the Sea Breeze cocktail is made with grapefruit juice.
Make it alcohol-free (Bay Breeze Mocktail): just use sparkling water/club soda/ginger ale instead of vodka.
Did you make this recipe? RATE THE RECIPE or tell me in the COMMENTS how you liked it! You can also add a photo of your dish. It would make me very happy and will help other readers. Thank you!!
Bay Breeze Drink (3-ingredients cocktail)
RATE THE RECIPE
(click on the stars)
- 2 oz vodka 60ml
- 1 1/2 oz pineapple juice 45ml
- 3 oz cranberry juice 90ml
- ice cubes
- lime wedge to garnish
- Measure out all the ingredients and add to a highball glass.
- Add ice cubes and stir to combine.
- Decorate the glass with a lime wedge or slice (optional).
- Cranberry juice – use cranberry juice cocktail (cranberry juice sweetened with sugar) or cranberry juice sweetened with other fruit juices for this recipe. Do not use unsweetened 100% cranberry juice which would be too tart for this recipe. If this is what you have, you can just add simple syrup to the drink.
- Calories = whole recipe (1 drink). This is only an estimate!