Fresh figs are in season! So I’ve made this today for breakfast – fig and goat cheese toast with thyme and honey. So easy and delicious. You could just eat it for breakfast or serve as an appetizer.
What do you need: 6 small bread slices, a small package of soft goat’s cheese, a few fresh, ripe and juicy figs, honey and fresh or dried thyme. You can also sprinkle the crostini with lavender. It works also great here, you need only just a couple of flowers, as its flavor is very intense. It smells just wonderful! When buying, make sure that it’s culinary lavender (without pesticides).
Instead of sourdough bread, you can also use ciabatta, baguette or any other bread of your choice to make crostini or bruschetta.
This recipe is a must for us, when fresh figs are in season!
Check out also my other breakfast recipes!
fig and goat cheese toast with thyme and honey
- 6 small slices sourdough bread or ciabatta /baguette
- 5 oz soft goat cheese 140g
- 4 figs fresh and ripe, sliced
- 3 teaspoons honey
- fresh / dried thyme to sprinkle
- culinary lavender optional, to sprinkle
- Toast the bread and spread goat cheese on the bread slices.
- Arrange sliced figs on top, pour honey over the figs and sprinkle with thyme and lavender, when using.
- Calories count = 1/2 of the recipe.
- If using lavender, make sure to use culinary lavender. Lavender is optional.
- You can use any kind of bread: sourdough, baguette, ciabatta and other.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!