A delicious fluffy omelette, made of only 3 ingredients, ready in no time! Banana oat omelette great for adults and children – it’s naturally flour-, sugar- and gluten-free. You just need to blitz the oats in a blender, add a banana, eggs and blitz again – it’s ready! This omelette is already sweet – thanks to the banana. You can drizzle it with maple syrup or honey and serve with your favorite fruits. Blender does not only mix the ingredients together, but it also whips the eggs, making the omelette extra soft and fluffy. This omelette is so simple and amazing and the best part is – so quick to make, that you can make it for breakfast on a workday!
Try also these fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes with raspberries or chocolate crepes with vanilla cream cheese and raspberry sauce! I’m sure you’ll love them.
Fluffy banana oat omelette
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 medium banana
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for greasing the pan
- maple syrup or honey
- pears, blueberries or other fruits
- cottage cheese or farmer‘s cheese optional
- shredded coconut for sprinkling
- Add the oats into a blender or food processor bowl, blitz until finely grounded (it doesn’t need to be grounded very finely, like flour).
- Add the banana, eggs, salt and vanilla extract.
- Blitz until combined and fluffy.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan (mine is 23 cm / 9 inch in diameter) over medium-low heat. Pour in the batter. (Omelette can be cooked oil-free but I like the coconut taste here, additionally, the edges will be slightly crunchy).
- Cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes (you can cover the pan with a lid, the omlelette will set faster). If the edges are set and golden flip over, using two spatulas. Cook on the other side for about 30 seconds or until completely set. When making this for children, you can cook small pancakes.
- Transfer on a plate, put some fruits on top and immediately fold in half while still warm.
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup, optionally farmer’s cheese / cottage cheese and spinkle with shredded coconut.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!