Salad with tomato, cucumber, paprika, feta cheese and yoghurt dressing
Delicious summer salad, full of seasonal vegetables, with refreshing garlic-yoghurt dressing and crunchy nuts. You can fully modify the composition, depending on what you have in the fridge.
Salad with tomato, cucumber, paprika, feta cheese, and yogurt dressing
- 1/3 medium head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 white bell pepper or yellow
- 1/3 greenhouse cucumber
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts or almonds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup/honey
- fresh herbs like basil, thyme or oregano, optional
- Tear the lettuce into smaller pieces, spin dry in a salad spinner.
- Wash all the vegetables and dry them thoroughly.
- Cut the cucumber into slices, bell pepper into strips, tomatoes into cubes.
- Toast pumpkin seeds and pine nuts on a dry pan, until lightly browned and fragrant. Be careful not to burn them – when they smell nutty and are lightly browned remove them immediately from the pan.
- Chop the fresh herbs, if using.
- Toss the salad with the chopped vegetables, season with salt and pepper to taste. Place on the plates
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together (pour into a small jar, close the lid and shake vigorously), pour over the salad. You can sprinkle the salad with some fresh herbs if you wish.