Egg, broccoli and sweet corn are the perfect
When spring arrives, I always think about this salad. Maybe because of its colors? I often serve it at my Easter table, everyone loves it!
How to prepare broccoli egg salad in advance:
You can boil / steam the broccoli, cook the eggs, prepare the sauce and toast the almonds.
Just before serving: wash and spin dry the lettuce and garden cress, combine all the salad ingredients, vigorously shake the jar with the dressing and pour over the salad.
How to toast almond slices:
– the simplest and quickest way to do that is to toast them on a dry pan until golden
– better way: you can toast them in the oven, flaked almonds toasted that way are more uniformly browned and just taste much better! You can toast more almonds and store them in a tighly-closed jar and sprinkle on salads and desserts.
How to toast flaked almonds in the oven: preheat the oven to 180 °C / 350 °F / Gas Mark 4, spread the almonds in a single layer on baking tray lined with parchment paper, bake for 5-7 minutes, until golden (keep an eye on them, they can easily burn), immediately transfer on a plate.
Broccoli egg salad with corn and honey mustard dressing
- 2 small handfuls lettuce broad-leaved endive or romaine lettuce
- ½ medium broccoli 250g / 8.8 oz
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canned corn 6 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- garden cress for sprinkling
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the lettuce, tear into smaller pieces, spin dry in a salad spinner (if you have one).
- Split the broccoli into florets, peel the broccoli stem an cut into slices (don‘t throw the stem away!). Steam or boil the broccoli for about 8-10 minutes. If you don‘t have a steam cooker, boil water in a large pot, place a strainer or splash guard on top (it shouldn‘t touch the water surface), put the broccoli in the strainer and cover with a second pot. (If you‘re using this method, you can cook the eggs in boiling water in the bottom pot.)
- Place the eggs in boiling water, cook for 6-7 minutes, since the moment it starts boiling.
- Transfer the egg to very cold / ice water, peel them and cut in half.
- Toast flaked almonds on a dry pan until golden, transfer them immediately on a plate (so that they do not burn).
- Pour all the dressing ingredients into a small jar, season with salt and pepper, cover the lid and shake vigorously, the dressing should be thick and creamy.
- Spread the lettuce on the plates, then top with broccoli florets, egg halves, and corn. Season with salt and pepper, pour over the dressing, sprinkle with almond flakes and garden cress.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!
Last Updated on