Sweet banana oatmeal with sweet, sour and exotic tasting passion fruit. It’s sweet from the bananas and maple syrup and slightly sour from the passion fruit and lime juice. Finished with a hint of coconut – I’ve added coconut oil and coconut flakes – it’s a great combination of flavors. The oatmeal is very quick to make and so delicious!
Try also my other oatmeal recipes. All of them are full of flavor and a great way to start your day!
Banana oatmeal with passion fruit
- 1 cup (100g) oats rolled oats or quick-cooking oats
- 1 ⅔ cup (400 ml) cow / vegetable milk
- ½ teaspoon turmeric optional
- small pinch of salt
- 2 bananas smashed with a fork, preferably ripe
- 2 small passion fruits flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice
- to sprinkle: shredded unsweetened coconut
- Add the oats, milk, turmeric and salt into a medium pot. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the oats are soft. (If you‘re using rolled oats, you need to cook them for about 10 minutes. Add more liquid if necessary.)
- Remove the pot from the heat, add all the remaining ingredients (smashed bananas, passion fruit flesh, coconut oil, maple syrup and lime juice), mix together.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut, serve warm.
- Calories = 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe). This is only an estimate!
- Storage: if you want to store the oatmeal, bring it first to the boil, then store in the fridge for up to 24h. The oatmeal can be easily reheated.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!