Pina colada lassi – pineapple-coconut alcohol-free drink
A delicious coconut, pineapple and yogurt drink. Based on a recipe for a pina colada drink (but it’s alcohol-free) and an Indian yogurt beverage – lassi. It’s delicious, very refreshing, and has an exotic taste. Coconut syrup is being cooked to boost the coconut flavor of the drink. Make sure to try it!
Check also my recipe for a mango lassi.
- → lassi:
- 1l pineapple juice
- 600 ml coconut water, not coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons passion fruit juice, from 1 big yellow passion fruit or about 4 small ones, or 3-4 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- → spices:
- ½ teaspoon rose water, can be omitted
- ground cardamom, very little, at the end of the knife
- ground cinnamon, very little, at the end of the knife
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, not aroma
- → coconut syrup:
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Prepare the coconut syrup: put all the ingredients into a small pot, cook over medium-low heat for about 10 min, until reduced more than a half, strain through a sieve (I had about 75 ml strained syrup), the coconut flakes will be no longer needed*.
- How to juice a passion fruit: cut the passion fruits into halves, using a spoon, scoop the pulp out into a mesh strainer, use the back of a wooden spoon to press the pulp through a strainer, leaving the seeds behind.
- Mix all the ingredients for pina colada lassi with coconut syrup and spices together, blend until smooth, serve chilled.
- the drink will also be delicious without the yogurt
- rose water, cardamom, cinnamon and vanilla extract can be omitted, you can not taste them clearly in the drink, but they make its taste more interesting
Last Updated on