Roasting is the best way to prepare brussels sprouts, they are beautifully browned and packed with flavor. The crispy and charred edges are the best part! These roasted
This is a quick and easy side dish, you can serve it with roasted chicken or roasted duck. You’ll also find instructions for the simplest and super quick dinner in the recipe notes.
Ideas for using the rest of the pineapple:
Roasted brussel sprouts with pineapple and pecans
- 13.4 oz brussel sprouts 380g
- 4.4 oz fresh pineapple 125g
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar good quality
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons pecans or walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Wash the brussel sprouts, peel off the outer leaves, trim off the bottom of the core, cut in half.
- Peel and core the pineapple, cut into 1.5 cm / 1/2 inch cubes.
- Toss the brussel sprouts and pineapple with olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking tray (without baking paper), roast for 15 minutes. The brussel sprouts shouldn’t be overcrowded, so they can properly brown.
- After this time, add the pecans and maple syrup, mix everything together and roast for 5 more minutes, until the brussel sprouts are browned and tender.
- Serve and enjoy! Check if the brussel sprouts are sour enough, if not – sprinkle them with lemon juice.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!