This strawberry lemonade is light, refreshing, and has the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors! It´s packed with lots of strawberries – just look at this beautiful bright red color. You´ll want to drink it all summer long!
Why you will love this recipe
- There is no cooking and cooling sugar syrup – sugar is mixed with strawberries, so there is no waiting time!
- This lemonade is packed with LOTS of strawberries – it has a very strong strawberry flavor.
- It has the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- The recipe is very easy and comes together in just 15 minutes!
Below you will find information about the ingredients and how to prepare the recipe. For the measurements and detailed instructions scroll down to the printable recipe card.
Here´s what you need to make this easy recipe:
- fresh summer strawberries – beautiful ripe summer strawberries will add natural sweetness to the lemonade
- freshly squeezed lemon juice – please use only freshly-squeezed lemon juice and not store-bought!
- grated lemon zest
- granulated sugar
- cold water
- ice cubes
What you could also add:
- a couple of basil or mint leaves for a herby flavor
- lime juice instead of lemon juice (but you would probably need less since it´s more tart)
- for a healthier version you could try to swap sugar for agave syrup + xylitol, honey flavor may be a little bit too overpowering
Clean the strawberries and cut off the tops.
Add to a blender container along with sugar and grated lemon zest. Mix thoroughly until very smooth.
You can use a stand blender, hand blender, or a food processor.
Strain seeds through a sieve.
Add strawberry puree to a large pitcher. Juice lemons.
Add lemon juice and cold water to the pitcher. Stir until well combined.
Serve with ice cubes. Stir well before pouring into glasses.
You can garnish your lemonade with additional strawberry slices and lemon slices.
How to sweeten your lemonade: for us this lemonade recipe has the perfect balance of sweet and tart but if it´s not sweet enough for you (maybe your strawberries were not very sweet?), you can´t just simply add more sugar to the liquid – it will fall down at the bottom of the pitcher and you will taste sugar crystals while drinking your lemonade. You can either mix in a blender a small amount of sugar with a small amount of strawberries (thoroughly!) or make sugar syrup.
To make the sugar syrup, you need to combine equal amounts (by volume) of sugar and water in a small saucepan, heat until the sugar is dissolved, then cool down completely. Now you can sweeten your lemonade to your liking.
On the other hand, if you think your lemonade is too sweet, you can simply add more lemon juice or cold water to it.
How to make lemonade with frozen strawberries – simply thaw your frozen strawberries and proceed with the recipe.
This lemonade stores well until the next day. It can also be frozen.
You can easily make it ahead of time and chill it in the fridge.
More delicious lemonade recipes
Did you make this recipe? RATE THE RECIPE or tell me in the COMMENTS how you liked it! You can also add a photo of your dish. It would make me very happy and will help other readers. Thank you!!
RATE THE RECIPE
(click on the stars)
- 1 pound (450g) strawberries
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup lemon juice 4 medium lemons
- 2 cups cold water
- ice cubes to serve
- Clean the strawberries and cut off the tops.
- Add to a blender container along with sugar and grated lemon zest. Mix thoroughly until very smooth.
- Strain seeds through a sieve.
- Add strawberry puree to a large pitcher, add lemon juice and cold water. Stir until well combined.
- Serve with ice cubes. Stir well before pouring into glasses.
- You can garnish your lemonade with additional strawberry slices and lemon slices.
- Calories = 1 serving (1/6 of the recipe). This is only an estimate!