Amaretto coffee is a coffee flavored with amaretto liqueur, topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. If you like Irish coffee you will also love this delicious Italian twist on it.
Here’s what you need to make this delicious flavored coffee:
- Coffee – preferably strongly brewed coffee, you can also use coffein-free
- Amaretto liqueur – it’s a sweet Italian almond-flavored liqueur. Depending on the brand, it may be made from apricot kernels, bitter almonds, peach stones, or almonds. It contains 21-28% alcohol by volume.
- Whipped cream – preferably homemade – it tastes so much better than store-bought!
- Cinnamon – for dusting whipped cream.
You could also add some vanilla extract to this coffee.
I haven’t sweetened this coffee drink because the amaretto and whipped cream are already sweet. If you’d like it sweeter, you can add some sweetener of your choice (such as: sugar/brown sugar/honey/maple syrup/xylitol).
Amaretto coffee that is served in coffee houses is made with amaretto-flavored syrup that has nothing to do with real amaretto which is an alcoholic liqueur.
There is also a similar Italian drink called cafe amaretto which is almost identical to this recipe but also contains brandy/cognac, so you could also add it if you want more alcohol in your drink.
You could also add some cream to your coffee if you don’t like it black, but bear in mind that the whipped cream will slowly melt down into the coffee so it won’t taste purely like black coffee.
How to make it
STEP 1: Add amaretto into a coffee mug.
STEP 2: Add strong brewed coffee. Stir to combine.
STEP 3: Top with whipped cream.
STEP 4: Dust with cinnamon.
Did you make this recipe? RATE THE RECIPE or tell me in the COMMENTS how you liked it! You can also add a photo of your dish. It would make me very happy and will help other readers. Thank you!!
RATE THE RECIPE
(click on the stars)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons amaretto
- 5 ounces coffee 150ml
- whipped cream
- Add amaretto into a coffee mug.
- Add strong brewed coffee. Stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon.
- My coffee glass is rather small. If you have a bigger glass, increase the ingredient amounts.
- Calories = 1 drink. This is only an estimate!