This coffee with honey and cinnamon is so delicious and a perfect drink to start your day. The coffee is sweetened with honey and spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
Here’s what you need to make this delicious honey coffee:
Espresso – which is a concentrated shot of coffee. You will need a large (2 ounces or 60ml) and preferably strong espresso (or brewed coffee) for this drink. You can also use decaffeinated espresso and instant coffee.
Honey is a natural sweetener and its flavor goes so well with coffee and cinnamon. You can use raw unfiltered honey for more health benefits.
Vanilla extract or paste.
Whole milk – froth milk will give this drink the best flavor and mouthfeel. You can also use almond milk, which can also be frothed.
Cinnamon and nutmeg (nutmeg is optional).
This recipe is inspired by Spanish Cafe con Miel, which means coffee with honey. The only thing I made differently is that I added vanilla extract to the coffee.
How to make it
STEP 1: Add honey into a coffee mug.
STEP 2: Add vanilla extract.
STEP 3: Add espresso.
STEP 4: Stir until combined.
STEP 5: Froth the milk until hot and frothy, pour into the mug.
STEP 6: Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
How to brew espresso
You don’t necessarily need an expensive espresso machine to brew espresso. Italian stovetop espresso maker is an affordable option to brew delicious espresso. Other inexpensive options are a French press, manual espresso maker, drip coffee machine, or Aeropress.
If you don’t have any of this, you can just use instant coffee – dissolve the amount of coffee you normally use for a cup of coffee (1-2 teaspoons) in 2 ounces or 60 ml of hot water.
How to froth milk
Make sure your milk is warmed up to 165°F (74°C) which is the best temperature for frothing milk.
You can froth milk using the following equipment:
- coffee machine with built-in milk steamer
- handheld frother / hand pump milk frother / electric milk frother
- French press – it can be used to brew coffee and to froth milk!
- immersion blender
- a jar – pour hot milk (165°F/74°C) into a mason jar with a lid and shake it until frothy.
How to make iced honey coffee
Add all the ingredients and a small handful of ice cubes into a jar or a shaker and shake until frothy. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Coffee with Honey and Cinnamon (Cafe con Miel)
RATE THE RECIPE
(click on the stars)
- ¾ tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large strong espresso (2 ounces or 60ml)
- 1/3 cup milk (80ml)
- a large pinch of cinnamon
- a small pinch of nutmeg
- Add honey and vanilla extract into a coffee mug.
- Add espresso and stir until combined.
- Froth the milk until hot and frothy, pour into the mug.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- If you don’t have a milk frother, you can add hot milk to a mason jar and shake it intensely until the milk is frothed. More options are mentioned in the post.
- Calories = 1 coffee (the whole recipe). This is only an estimate!