This delicious coffee banana smoothie is super tasty and very fulfilling. If you don’t have time for breakfast before work, this is something for you! You just have to combine all the ingredients in a blender, pulse until smooth and creamy and take the smoothie with you. It’s coffee and breakfast in one!
What goes in coffee banana smoothie?
The basic version of this coffee smoothie is made with espresso, banana, oats, milk and is sweetened with maple syrup. To make it taste even better you can add cocoa, almond butter
I buy ready-made almond butter, which is a smooth paste made from roasted almonds, it’s delicious and versatile. You can add it to any smoothie or oatmeal, it‘s also included in my healthy chocolate pudding recipe. It can also be very easily made at home, but if you don‘t have a powerful blender/food processor, it will be difficult to achieve a perfectly smooth consistency.
How to make a coffee smoothie:
– Pour espresso over oats. If you don‘t have a coffee machine you need to add 1-2 teaspoons of instant coffee (depending on how strong coffee you drink) to 4 tablespoons of boiling water, then stir in the oats. Now, you can add the rest of the ingredients, or if you have time, leave the oats in coffee for about 15 minutes to soften. This way, the smoothie will have a creamier consistency.
– Combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until creamy and smooth. If you don‘t have a powerful blender, it‘s possible that the smoothie will be just a little clumpy (the oats), but it will still taste very good. Alternatively, leave the oats in coffee overnight.
– On hot summer days, you can freeze the banana first to get amazing chilling coffee smoothie.
– This smoothie can be made the day before. In the morning you will need to add some more milk, because oats absorb the liquid and smoothie will be too thick.
This coffee banana smoothie is healthy, super creamy and naturally:
– vegetarian, or can be made vegan/dairy-free, if you use vegetable milk (almond milk would be best)
– very nutritious
– gluten-free (if you use gluten-free oats)
– refined sugar-free
Coffee banana smoothie – healthy grab-and-go breakfast
- 60 ml espresso 4 tablespoons, or instant coffee
- 4 tablespoons oats
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup milk you can use vegetable milk, almond milk is best
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
optional but recommended:
- 1 teaspoon cocoa unsweetened
- 1 heaping teaspoon almond butter
- a large pinch of cinnamon
- Add the oats and espresso to a blender container. You can add now the rest of the ingredients, or if you have time, leave the oats with coffee for about 15 minutes to soften (it will be easier to puree the smoothie).
- Add all the other ingredients and pulse until smooth.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!
Last Updated on