Bourbon coffee is a delicious bourbon-spiked coffee sweetened with maple syrup and topped with whipped cream. It is basically Irish coffee but made with bourbon. It will surely be a treat for all bourbon drinkers!
Below you will find information about the ingredients and how to prepare the recipe. For the measurements and detailed instructions scroll down to the printable recipe card.
Here’s what you need to make bourbon coffee:
- maple syrup – you can also use brown sugar but combine it with hot coffee first to dissolve it, then add bourbon
- coffee – preferably strongly brewed coffee, you can also use coffein-free
- whipped cream – as a topping, preferably homemade – it tastes so much better than store-bought!
- chocolate shavings (optional, but why not!)
You could also add some vanilla extract to this coffee.
You could also add some cream to your coffee if you don’t like it black, but bear in mind that the whipped cream will slowly melt down into the coffee so it won’t taste purely like black coffee.
This coffee tastes quite strong, so you must really like bourbon whiskey to like this drink!
How to make it
STEP 1: Pour coffee into a coffee mug.
STEP 2: Add maple syrup.
STEP 3: Add bourbon.
STEP 4: Stir to combine.
STEP 5: Top with whipped cream (preferably homemade lightly whipped cream) and chocolate shavings.
Did you make this recipe? RATE THE RECIPE or tell me in the COMMENTS how you liked it! You can also add a photo of your dish. It would make me very happy and will help other readers. Thank you!!
RATE THE RECIPE
(click on the stars)
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee 120ml
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Pour coffee into a coffee mug.
- Add maple syrup and bourbon. Stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream (preferably homemade lightly whipped cream) and chocolate shavings.
- My coffee glass is rather small. If you have a bigger glass, increase the ingredient amounts.
- Calories = 1 drink. This is only an estimate!