Baileys coffee is a delicious coffee drink spiked with Baileys liqueur – they work so well together! It´s the perfect drink to relax after work – delicious and creamy, with a little kick to it. Top it with whipped cream for an indulgent treat.
Below you will find information about the ingredients and how to prepare the recipe. For the measurements and detailed instructions scroll down to the printable recipe card.
Here´s what you need to make this easy recipe:
Coffee – use freshly brewed coffee. You can also use espresso if you have an espresso machine – just brew a large espresso and add hot water until you get 3/4 cup (180ml) of liquid. You can also use instant coffee – just add your usual amount of instant coffee powder (about 2 heaped teaspoons for me) to a 3/4 cup (180ml) of hot water. You can also use caffeine-free coffee for this recipe.
Brown sugar – to sweeten your coffee but you can omit it.
Baileys liqueur (Irish cream) – is a delicious creamy liqueur – its flavor goes perfectly with coffee. It´s my favorite alcohol to use in my coffee. You can substitute it with whiskey (and you´ll make Irish coffee), bourbon (bourbon coffee), Kahlua liqueur (it´s a coffee-flavored liqueur), Amaretto liqueur (it´s an Italian almond-flavored liqueur – amaretto coffee), or chocolate liqueur.
Baileys liqueur is made with Irish whiskey, cream, and cocoa. It´s a product of Ireland. It´s low in alcohol – only 17% ABV, which is a lot less that whiskey/whisky (40%).
Whipped cream – use homemade whipped cream or store-bought whipped cream. Store-bought whipped cream is better for hot beverages because it doesn´t melt so easily. My trick for using homemade whipped cream for this recipe is to either add a lot of sugar to make it more stable or to freeze dollops of whipped cream (I just dollop whipped cream onto a piece of parchment paper and freeze it on a small baking sheet then transfer to zip lock bags). I´m putting one frozen whipped cream serving directly onto hot coffee and it melts just slightly and doesn´t split.
Cinnamon – to sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
What you could also add:
- spike it with Irish whiskey or bourbon whisky for a stronger drink
- add pumpkin pie spice or gingerbread spice mix
- use cold brew coffee (or just cold brewed coffee) and ice cubes to make an iced Baileys coffee (you could also make iced Baileys mocha!)
- add chocolate or cocoa powder to the coffee for a chocolate twist (you could also add coffee to this Baileys hot chocolate recipe)
- you can add vanilla extract or peppermint extract
- drizzle some salted caramel sauce on top
- sprinkle it with chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shavings
How to make Baileys Coffee step by step
STEP 1: Brew coffee using your favorite method.
Sweeten the coffee with sugar, stir well (optional).
STEP 2: Add Baileys liqueur, stir until combined.
STEP 3: Top your coffee with whipped cream (optional)
STEP 4: Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve right away.
Did you make this recipe? RATE THE RECIPE or tell me in the COMMENTS how you liked it! You can also add a photo of your dish. It would make me very happy and will help other readers. Thank you!!
RATE THE RECIPE
(click on the stars)
- 3/4 cup (180ml) hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons/45ml) Baileys liqueur
- whipped cream
- Brew coffee using your favorite method.
- Sweeten the coffee with sugar, stir well (optional).
- Add Baileys liqueur, stir until combined.
- Top your coffee with whipped cream (optional) and sprinkle with cinnamon.