Creamy gorgonzola sauce with walnuts, brightened up with crisp wine and lemon zest! This gorgonzola walnut pasta is great as an easy and quick dinner or as an appetizer.
The sauce is creamy and cheesy, walnuts add crunch and nutty taste, that complements gorgonzola perfectly. To make the sauce lighter, I added crisp dry white wine and lemon zest. The acidity of white wine cuts through the fattiness of gorgonzola and cream. The dish is finished with fresh fragrant basil leaves, crunchy toasted walnuts, and grated Parmesan cheese. Quick, easy and so flavorful!
How to serve gorgonzola walnut pasta:
- As a main dish (serves 2): serve it with a crunchy salad on the side, for example, this crisp apple celery walnut salad (without the goat cheese toasts). You could also serve it with a pan-fried fish on the side, like in this recipe: fish with gorgonzola spinach and lemon pasta (this gorgonzola sauce is even simpler to make).
- As a starter/appetizer (serves 4).
Other quick pasta recipes you may like:
- Spaghetti alla Puttanesca – tomatoes, olives, capers and anchovies pasta
- Pasta Caprese – tomatoes, mozzarella and basil pasta
- Spaghetti cacio e pepe
- Quick spaghetti with fresh tomato meat sauce
Gorgonzola Walnut Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons walnuts grounded, but not very finely
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine 120ml/8Tbsp, choose a wine that you like to drink
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream 60ml
- 3.5- oz gorgonzola cheese 100g
- 4 tablespoons pasta cooking water 60ml
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 6.3- oz spaghetti 180g
- fresh basil leaves
- a few walnuts to sprinkle on top toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Cook the pasta al dente (it should have a bite to it), in a small amount of well-salted water. Drain the pasta about 30 seconds before the end of the cooking time, reserve about 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. While the pasta cooks, make the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the walnuts, lemon zest, pepper, and garlic, cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until the walnuts are slightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the wine, cook, stirring constantly, for a couple of minutes, until almost evaporated.
- Add the cream, turn the heat to the minimum and add gorgonzola, stir until cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth, take the pan off the heat.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and add about 4 Tbsp of pasta cooking water (add more if the sauce it too thick).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (I like lots of pepper).
- Serve immediately (the sauce thickens quickly), sprinkle fresh basil leaves, grated parmesan and chopped walnuts on top (you can toast the walnut on a dry pan for extra flavor).
You can serve this pasta with a crunchy salad on the side or with a pan-fried fish/chicken breast.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how you liked it and give it a star rating in the comments below! You can also add a photo of your creation!